John got home early from work today. After unsuccessfully trying to download something onto my computer (a Mac which he despises) and getting nowhere with customer support he decided to burn off a little steam. Enter the chainsaw.
I should point out that he chopped down a dead tree last Saturday and then proceeded to chop a cord of wood. This evening he went to work on the second dead tree. The kids watched (from the safety of the porch) with amazement. I tried to get some shots, but I was afraid that the tree would fall on me. These are the best I could get.
It should be noted that when John was growing up one of the main chores was moving the woodpile. They moved that thing to various locations around the yard. A few of the siblings suspect that their father made them do this to teach them how to work. I wonder if John has the same thing in store for our kids.
4 comments:
Hey, I grew up with the move the wood pile chore also...who came up with that? It seems like every summer we had to move it somewhere new. Even the day of my wedding we were moving it!
that is so john!
it's good to remember the husbands in the blogging regime. i wish you could bottle some of that work energy. you'd make a million!
Post a Comment