Saturday, March 15, 2008

Milestones...

One of the greatest joys of having children is watching them grow and reach milestones. These "firsts" are what, as parents, make up proud, make us feel as though we have created genetically superior offspring. These important events are forever etched in time through pictures, baby books, and endless bragging to unsuspecting strangers at the check out stand. For me, as a mother, these milestones are what make those early hourly feedings worth it. I will always remember Hannah's first smile, or Jake's first haircut (yes, he was 2 months old!).
For my dear husband, milestones mean something totally different. They mean, freedom, exhaust and dirt. Yes, daddy's two little girls reached an important milestone today marking the beginning of what will (hopefully) be years of riding.





5 comments:

The Nits said...

At this moment of time in the universe, Addie is the cutest person alive. Samantha

Beka said...

I love how the dress says "adorable", but the bike says "tough chick!" SO cute.

kelly said...

i love that addie does it all in a dress. which is super cute by the way. your comments are great.

April said...

I am not going to show these to Carl, he might get some ideas. My Dad wants Carl to buy his dirtbike and I don't know how I feel about that. Four wheelers are great. She looks very cute in her helmet. Amanda, didn't you wear a helmet for the first few years of your life? Just kidding!

Amanda said...

April-
Tell Carl to go for it. Motorcycles are safer that 4 wheelers anyway (or at least that's the propaganda John's been feeding me).