Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Love


I love today. You wanna know why? Because tomorrow is Thursday and The Garbage Man comes tomorrow. No, I'm not IN LOVE with the Garbage Man, just the fact that he takes the garbage. Tomorrow is also a special garbage day where you can throw out almost anything and there is no extra charge. Oh how I love this!! I love going through my house and just chucking things, it's like every Thursday I start fresh. So today I am:

Cleaning out the garage
Cleaning our the papers in my desk
Cleaning out old/broken toys

At the end of the day when my black garbage sacks are sitting so beautifully curbside I know I will feel accomplished and my house will be (maybe) a little bit cleaner.

Yes, it's true. Simple things for simple people.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am moved to tears & motivated by that! (Not really crying, just laughing, but you're oh so right). I'm just happy to be filling the landfills with diapers... Doing my part to destroy the Earth. I hope you know I'm kidding because the big hippy in me says... keep it all & turn it into art! Nasty!

kelly said...

i can't even begin to tell you how jealous i am of your curb side pick up! john decided a year or so ago that he was tired of paying the garbage people to do what he could do... once a month he loads it all in his truck and takes it to the dump and recycling. i dream a bit of the days when i could rid myself more quickly and efficiently of my garbage!

Groverfam said...

that crack me up! but i know the feeling. I just did that for my kitchen only and we had 5 bags of garbage, goodwill and recycle. it feels so good

Beka said...

I'm not ruling out the whole garbage man affair at this point. First I need to come see if any of your children resemble John. As a matter of fact, at this point I'm not entirely convinced they're not Bev and Bob's.

The Nits said...

It's so sad, our garbage day was Monday and I only got the garage cleaned out yesterday! Ah well, better late than never! Samantha

Wenger Family said...

You are not kidding! It's like a renewal each week. Oh how I wish the recycle was weekly. I just sigh in relief every time it goes! Strange what little things can do...