Saturday, June 28, 2008

Random 101

I missed my 100th blog post. So instead of 100 random facts about our family, I'm writing 101 facts. Yay for you!

1. John has the same name as his grandpa. Jake has the same middle name.
2. I never cared for my middle name. It's D.
3. My high school friends and college roomies called me D, as in Word up D.
4. I was also called Beastie, Delaney, Amanda Hug and Kiss, and Amanda for a good time Call.
5. I have no idea why I had so many nicknames.
6. Johns only nickname was JT.
7. We call Hannah, Hannah Banana (real original)
8. Jake, Ella and Addy don't have nicknames (I'm sure when they get older their friends will think of something to call them)
9. John and I both hate tomatoes and mustard.
10. I never buy tomatoes, so I'm not sure if my kids like them.
11. I buy mustard for Hannah and egg salad sandwiches.
12. Rent for our first apartment was $175.
13. That apartment was a dive.
14. Said apartment had no insulation and it was FREEZING in the winter (this was Rexburg).
15. I HATE being cold.
16. John can ski really well.
17. In High School John was on the ski team and he used to do flips off the jumps.
18. I am a horrible skiier.
19. I actually cried at the top of a ski run that John tried to take me on.
20. I was 30 when I cried at the top of said run.
21. I may have been a little embarrassed, but I really thought I was going to die.
22. I may have also taken off my skis and walked down parts of the ski run.
23. John and I do not ski together anymore.
24. I do not let my kids know that I hate skiing.
25. I like to play tennis
22. John likes to play tennis
23. We have decided that this is going to be our couple sport.
24. Someday I want matching tennis outfits.
25. John will never go for it.
26. John does not like matching outfits with anyone, even the kids. He tells me he is traumatized because of all the "matchy" date/dances he went to in Highschool.
27. I love to dress my girls alike.
28. Addy LOVES to wear dresses.
29. Sometimes I have to hide the dresses so she won't wear them.
30. Ella is starting to want to only wear skirts.
31. Addy is a total girly girl.
32. Hannah was NOT like this when she was little.
33. I very rarely put Hannah in pink or girly outfits when she was little.
34. Hannah loves horses.
35. She is going to start horseback riding lessons in the Fall.
36. She doesn't know she is getting to take lessons.
37. I am signing her up because we feel bad for moving her 3000 miles away from friends and family.
38. My older two could totally milk this "moving guilt" for all it's worth
39. I don't think they will
40. John loves small engine repair.
41. John loves to work on the grass.
42. John loves to tinker around in the garage
43. Sometimes I joke that John is an old man, but I love that he does those things.
44. John's family has Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation memorized.
45. My mom used to wear dickies (mock turtlenecks) just like Uncle Eddie. She even had a green one.
46. I usually don't like watching the same movie twice.
47. Addy and Ella love watching Cinderella.
48. None of my kids watch Sesame Street.
49. I loved Sesame Street as a kid.
50. We just signed the closing papers on our house today (we are selling it).
51. I wasn't sad at all, but John was feeling a little nostalgic.
52. John worked hard on this house. Often getting less than 4 hours of sleep.
53. I painted Jake's room when I was 9 months pregnant.
54. Jake's ceiling vaults up to 12 feet and required standing on a ladder.
55. I am afraid of heights.
56. I LOVE roller coasters and other "scary" rides.
57. John hated roller coasters, they make him sick.
58. I only get sick on rides that spin...like the Tea Cups.
59. John had to ride the Tea Cups with Hannah and Jake.
60. Hannah and Jake like roller coasters.
61. Addy doesn't like rides.
62. She is usually afraid to try new things.
63. Ella has no fear
64. She has been my craziest kid.
65. She loves to make messes and get into everything.
66. I gave in and finally got a baby gate to keep her out of things.
67. I never used a baby gate with any of my other kids.
68. Ella also likes to color on things.
69. All the markers, crayons, pencils and pens have to be stored out of her reach.
70. I never had this problem with any of my other kids.
71. Ella and Addy are opposites
72. Ella and Addy love to play together.
73. I am glad they are close in age because they will always have each other
74. Ella had to have physical therapy when she was a baby. She had torticollis. She is perfectly fine now.
75. Addy has two different colored eyes. One is more green the other is more blue. We think it's awesome.
76. Jake has light brown eyes.
77. Hannah has green eyes.
78. Ella has dark blue eyes.
79. Addy and Ella have blonde hair but the older two have brown hair.
80. When Jake was born he had so much hair and his skin was dark that the pediatrician asked what nationality John was (he had never met John).
81. We are all excited to live by the ocean.
82. Neither of us has ever lived by the ocean.
83. Aside from his mission, John and I have only lived on the West Coast.
84. John went to Puerto Rico on his mission.
85. John was in the mens choir in college.
86. I do not have a good signing voice.
87. I can play the clarinet. I do not like playing it though.
88. John has his open water scuba certification.
89. We went Scuba Diving in Hawaii and it was awesome.
90. I like to make homemade jam and can peaches.
91. My roommate in college (and now my SIL) taught me how to make bread
91. I do not like doing laundry (no surprise for anyone who has seen my laundry room).
92. I like vacuuming.
93. John and I have remodeled 2 houses and built one.
94. We will probably build again, even though the process took about 10 years off my life.
95. I wanted to be in law enforcement with I was younger. Now I want to be a librarian someday.
96. We went to Chico State after graduating from Ricks College. John and I both miss Chico.
97. We had Hannah 2 years before John graduated from college.
98. We managed apartments during college.
99. I love to take pictures, but I never get them printed.
100. I am a scrapbooking dropout.
101. I plan on getting this blog printed out and bound into a book for future generations to enjoy :)

10 comments:

amy welch said...

That was fun to read.

The Nits said...

Cool post, I loved all the family facts. Samantha

jan said...

What a fun blog. I almost started crying when I read about you closing on the house. It is a beautiful house and you guys worked so hard on it. Oh the memories.

kelly said...

wow- you are a better dedicated blogger than i am... i think we started around the same time and i have something like 18 posts.... lvoe the 100 facts, such a great idea. and scrapbooking is for... i better not finish that. there are too many people i admire that enjoy scrapbooking.

Brandt said...

Do you have a lot to offer? AMANDA? I was so pumped to hear from you! I can't believe that it has been 13 years since I have heard from you! It looks like you are living the dream and you have a great looking family. After I heard from you, I talked my wife's ear off for about an hour, about all the pranks we pulled between each other, I had so much fun that year!. I love randomly hearing from someone in the past! I am totally going to scan some pictures (If I can find them) and send them to you. I have never posted anything on someone's blog, so I'm not sure how to leave my email without getting spammed, so it is my first and last name followed by the number one at yahoo. How's that? Email me! We gotta catch up, reminisce, something.

Beka said...

So how is the move going? I'm picturing your house basically empty except for you typing fevarishly at the computer while John is yelling at you to pack that @#$!$ computer, already!

At least that's how it would be at my house...

I hope everything is/has gone smoothly and without major incident. I've been thinking about you.

And watching you...

Rebecca said...

I love your post and I do remember the said skiing trip. Yep, I think you did do some "walking" on the slope.

Tiana Johnson said...

AWESOME!
I loved getting to know you guys better!

Cassandra said...

Hi,

This totally cracked me up because I'm exactly the same.

55. I am afraid of heights.
56. I LOVE roller coasters and other "scary" rides.
57. John hated roller coasters, they make him sick.
58. I only get sick on rides that spin...like the Tea Cups.

Today I babysat my 5 year old "niece" and I took her to the park. She practically forced me to go in those big circle things that you spin yourselves around in with her and I felt so sick afterwards.

It's wierd that it makes you feel sick when your perfectly fine to go upside down.

Anyway love the blog and I really enjoyed reading this post.

Cassandra

April said...

That was so fun! I should do one when I get off my lazy butt...I hope the rest of your move goes well and that you guys are still married when it is all over. just kidding- moving sucks though, love much miss touch.