Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of School!

We were up bright and early this morning getting ready for school. School starts at 7:30 which is a big change from last year (it started at 9:15). The kids were excited and ready to go. Last night I asked them how they felt about starting school. They both agreed that homework was the worst part, and making new friends is the best part.


The Dixon Dolphins! Addy was being very silly.


Jake didn't want me to take pictures of him once we got inside the building...too bad for him I have a zoom lens. Check out the kid next to him. He is new too and the teacher thought it would be good to sit them by each other. When we got into the car John said he was glad that Jake gets to sit next to the school bully (insert sarcasm). The kid was twice the size of our little Jakey.



I had to use the zoom for this one too. Hannah's 5th grade class is wonderful. Her teacher used to work for NASA and is really into science. They will be studying the weather and recording the data for NASA, Hannah is really excited.

5 comments:

amy welch said...

What was that, Hannah's 5th grade teacher!!!! Man, when did our kids grow up?!?!
Very cute pictures.

Tiana Johnson said...

Oh...so sweet. I still have a year before Talea starts school. Addy looks just like Talea from the back with the same type and length of hair.

Karina Rigtrup said...

I love that they're wearing shorts! We had to do the same thing in GA. They could wear shorts to school until November. They look so cute.

Linda said...

They look so grown up!

JamieJoe said...

I'm glad they enjoyed their first day of school, and that it wasn't too tramatic starting over. I love Hannah's guitar shirt!