Friday, August 15, 2008

Shrimp Festival

From our town website:
Our seafood village annually catches over 385 tons of shrimp, 25 tons of flounder, and approximately 493 tons of other delicious seafood like clams, scallops, oysters, mullet, spots, grouper, soft shell and hard shell crabs, sea bass, etc.

Needless to say the Shrimp Festival is a big deal in this small town. We loved the parade (the kids first one ever!), the bounce houses, digging for shark/fish fossils, the Marines (especially my mom) and the hometown atmosphere.











Check out these red faces. Bounce houses and humidity don't always mix.

3 comments:

amy welch said...

looks like you guys are having lots of fun. I keep meaning to call you but I always seem to think of it at the wrong time. That darn 3 hour time difference throws me off.

Tiana Johnson said...

What a fun day! I haven't seen your mom in ages, so that was cool to see her picture! You look a lot like her, more than I remember. I love the red faces! I sooo don't love heat. Over 80 degrees is too much for me, so I don't know how I'd fare in the south.

SarahCeleste said...

HOW FUN!!!! Oh I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN. i HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL. sORRY i AM TOO LAZY TO TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK. mUCH LOVE