Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Polar Express




We were all excited for a ride on The Polar Express. After much debate (and a few eye rolls) we convinced Hannah to wear the matching pajamas I had bought for her. I must admit, my kids looked cute!
We arrived at the train station an hour early and had time to check out the train museum. The kids loved the trains and the miniature cities.

After we got settled into our seats we were treated to hot chocolate and candy. We rode the train for about 30 minutes to a wonderfully lit "North Pole." The kids were so excited to finally see the jolly old man. Our train car sang Christmas carols while waiting for Santa to make an appearance, when he finally did the kids (minus Ella) could hardly contain their excitement.

Each of the kids got to talk to Santa and her gave them a bell and told them to always believe. Addy was SO cute. She kept saying, "I'm ringing my jingle bell for Santa. I sure hope he hears my little jingle bell."

Ella, on the other hand, was trying to bury herself in me and covering her eyes with her cute little hands. When she realized that Santa wasn't going away fast enough she quickly hid on the floor under the seat.
First Chuckles the Llama and now Santa, what a character.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds like the most amazing thing ever. My kids would love it. No way I could get my older boys to wear matching pj's though, so you're lucky! McKenna had much the same reaction to Santa. It is so cute though! Funny how we always force it even though we know what the reaction will be. What is wrong with us?:)

Eskimo Bob said...

The Holiday's just aren't complete without a spitting llama, you're lucky to have gotten it in so early!

Jennifer said...

So fun! I love the matching pajamas.

Rebecca said...

I love that there is a place that you can share that with your children. It's sounds like a really fun family adventure that the kids will remember

Tiana Johnson said...

Ella's hilarious!!