Thursday, February 12, 2009

We might be crazy

To some, this announcement my come as a surprise. I know we will be met with differing opinions, but ultimately it boils down to this...










John made a promise and a few members of our family would not let him forget about that promise.








Introducing Cooper. Our Golden Retriever puppy. So far he has been great. He is fully crate trained, loves being outside and loves the kids.




8 comments:

Carolee Brown said...

Way to go! You won't regret it.

Rebecca said...

He's so cute it almost makes me want to get a puppy. But I'm just not ready. Mike still says our kids need a dog but I'm not convinced...it's simply a cleanliness issue. I am horrible about cleaning my house with four kids...how awful is it going to look when I have a dog to mess it up also. Good luck. I'm sure you kids just love it!

Sarah H said...

Awesome! What a cutie. Just remember the puppy years are crazy, then they mellow! With kids to play with him he will get out a lot of hos energy, so that's a plus. How fun! Congrats on the new addition.

Paige said...

He is really cute. I hope that you have better luck than we did. Our dog, Shadow didn't quite last a full year with us. I am just not an animal person anymore. Good Luck! :)

jan said...

So fun, hopefully you don't have to get up every two hours at night with this one. The kids sure look happy to have him, he is so cute.

Tia said...

Oh! So cute! My kids, especially Chloe, would be so jealous. Chloe's hamster died last week and Sean's mom was trying to convince us that a dog would be a perfect replacement. I'm just not ready....so way to go ...you're a better mom than me:)

Amanda said...

He's been great so far. Sleeps in his crate through the night. He is not really allowed in the house. There are a few rooms (all hardwood) that he can go in if we are with him. For the most part he is outside. He can go into Hannah's room if he stays on his blanket.

John has allergies, so we are very careful.

Added bonus is that Hannah and Jake do 99% of the work. I walk him during the day and feed him lunch, that's it!

Wenger Family said...

Wow, he's cute. And that's coming from me. I certainly won't be letting my kids read your blog!