Tuesday, August 18, 2009

growing.




With the start school just around the corner so marks another year in the life of my children. Hannah will be in 6th grade this year, Jake in 3rd and Addison in Kindergarten. Lucky for me Ella still has 2 years at home.

I look at these babies of mine and wonder where the time went. My arms ache to hold their small infant bodies and I struggle to remember what it felt like to nuzzle their soft peachy heads.


The sweet smell of babies breath and rhythmic sounds of their slumbered breathing are quickly becoming memories further gone.
The days of dandelion bouquets, scribbled masterpieces and sticky kisses are nearing their sunset. My babies are growing.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amanda, Your thoughts are beautiful and poignant. Thank you for sharing a bit with us.

April said...

Tear jerker. I have a peachy little head you can rub if John's work will cooperate. Okay, I don't have a peachy head anymore, but mary does...and carl now that i think about it. Sweet entry.

laura kate said...

Beautiful reminder to savor each stage because time passes so fast.

jan said...

That is so sweet.

Rebecca said...

So cute. You're babies are beautiful. I am excited to never have to have babies again but it's a little sad too. They are so fun to just hold and cuddle.

Rebecca said...

Hannah is in SIXTH grade? Oh my. You have beautiful kids. When I first read the title of your post I thought it was an announcement. haha...

I always get a little sad when I look at old pictures of my kids and realize that the time is just flying by.

The Nits said...

I'm going to ditto the above comments and add that it doesn't have to end . . . ;)

Beka said...

STOP making me cry! I like my comfortable delusion that my kids will never really grow up. But with Alex in Kindergarten and Lily starting preschool, that hit a little too close to home.

Johnson Jinx 09 said...

Oh, thanks a lot! Just when we're a month away from getting the snip, you make me baby-sick. Hmmm.

SarahCeleste said...

Dang...I miss my baby!!!! Someone hand me one quick so I remember more than my nostalgia...and Amanda your killing me with this one. You are so awesome...one amazing mommy. I sure miss you!