Friday, March 26, 2010

He's crafty, and he's just my type...

See that tree in the middle....the one that is leaning to the left?
It had to go when we redid our yard. (I posted about Lumberjack John last year.)
That beautiful Hickory just sat for a year until we finally figured out what we wanted. John drafted up the plans and then went to work.





It turned out beautiful. John estimates he spent about 100 hours on this thing. Planing the wood took the longest (he used a cheapy electric planer). I LOVE it. It's solid hickory from our yard...how cool is that!?!
We still have a small pile of hickory and I have my eye on a new coffee table, but until John gets a better planer those will have to wait.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

okay, WOW! That is beautiful. Someday its going to be a family heirloom. Just gorgeous!

Paige said...

I am so very impressed! Not that I should be by now, I know John can do anything! It is beautiful though! Kudos to John!

Stacey said...

That is awesome! I am so impressed. It turned out so pretty and so useful too. Wow!

Beka said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love hickory. Our floors are hickory and they're practically indestructable.

Sarah H said...

Amazing! It's beautiful.

Karen said...

way to go john! that is amazing. But no wonder people these days don't make their own furniture it's very timely.

Pat Hanis said...

Nice job. I met the people that bought your home last night. Very nice and they love the house. Pat Hanis.

Karina Rigtrup said...

Holy Smokes! That's impressive. Way to go John!

Carolee Brown said...

You are amazing John. It looks awesome. Much better use than for fire wood.

Rebecca said...

oh my goodness! it is BEAUTIFUL. i love it!!... and i agree with tracy. someday its going to be a family heirloom. so which one of your kids is gonna get it? ;)

The Nits said...

So which kid gets to inherit that!?