Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fool me once...

and you better watch your back.

This was my facebook status on April Fool's Day,

Woke up at 4:00am. Hannah and Jake were claiming to have nightmares. We let them sleep in our room, but instead of sleeping those two jokesters toilet papered our bed and kept tickling John's feet. Hannah then tried to saran wrap my toilet, but was caught by John. Those two are getting it when they get home!! :)


That afternoon the kids were greeted with promises of pie for dinner, in honor of April Fool's day. I cannot believe they didn't even suspect anything.


This is what was served for dinner.



  • Meatloaf Pie topped with beet stained whipped mashed potatoes
  • Carrot Sticks hidden in a Cheetos Bag
  • Orange died milk
  • Laffy Taffy peas and corn

The kids were SO EXCITED! to have pie for dinner. When Hannah bit into hers she started laughing. Jake caught on pretty quickly but poor Addison was devastated. She even ran from the table in tears.
Jake and Hannah had a good laugh about the whole dinner, and yes I fooled them with everything. Addy eventually came back down and ate some of her food and Ella was very good that night and amazingly ate all of her peas and corn.

The dinner was a success and I had the last laugh...or so I thought. That night/early morning my alarm clock went off at 3:30am....little jokesters don't know who they are messing with.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Haha! I'm glad your kids thought it was funny. Last year I left meatloaf "cupcakes" complete with blue mashed potato frosting and sprinkles on top. The babysitter served them to the kids, and they all just thought they were really bad cupcakes--no one got the joke. I love your peas and corn.

sharpsnaps said...

I cannot imagine someone left crying from the table. You are so funny. I am terrible I let the entire day go with out one joke.