Friday, March 7, 2008

Addy vs. The Bead

Last night Addy stuck a bead up her nose. In a panic she denied doing so and claimed she was tired and wanted to "just go to bed." It was bedtime anyway, so we let her. Fast forward to this morning, we are rushing around trying to get out the house and Addy comes to me with a scared look on her face saying the bead was hurting her nose. I told her I needed to see. I got a flashlight and sure enough a bright pink bead was taking up residence in her right nostril. I quickly gathered up the required "medical" instruments (tweezers and a bobby pin) and went to work. She was a great patient, only crying when the fear of actually going to the doctor got the better of her. Within minutes I successfully retrieved the pink bead, and life returned to normal (if there is such a thing with 4 kids). As were were dropping the bigger kids off, Addy was replaying the events to a captive audience consisting of Ella and I. In her own words:

Last night I was in my bed and I found a pretty bead. I hold the bead and stick it in my nose. I don't ever want to sick a bead in my nose. It hurt.

So there you go. Watch out for those beads in your bed, you never know when you will be tempted to stick one up your nose :)

5 comments:

Beka said...

Oh what will they think of next...
a friend of mine ended up in the ER with her daughter who stuck a kernal of corn in her ear...took them like 3 hours to get it out.

The Nits said...

We need a picture of that rascally bead. I once stuck a cherry pit up my nose and then freaked out when my sister said it would sprout roots. Samantha

Rebecca said...

So funny! I sure hope my kids don't come up with that idea. Ouch!

kelly said...

my brother once stuck a small lego piece in his ear which had to be removed by a doctor; it was completely covered in a round gob of ear wax... blahh!
at least she's passing on her new found wisdom to ella. and i love that it was a "pretty pink" bead, that does seem to be key to the incident.

Rebecca said...

very funny!
thanks for not including a picture.. ;)