Thursday, March 20, 2008

Conversations with Addy...

Me: Lets practice writing your name.

Addy: okay

Me: What letter is that (pointing to the A)

Addy: I don't know. Is it the mommy?

Me: No. It's an A. A for Addy. Let's write your name together.

Addy: Where are the baby letters? The letters need a baby. Draw a mommy letter with the baby letter.

Me: (writing Aa)

Addy: The baby needs arms and the mommy needs a husband. Where are the other babies? They want to play and dance. The Mommies need their prince. Is the prince on a horse? Are the mommies going to wear long dresses and crowns? Do they live in a castle together? Let's make the castle so the letters can live there.

Me: Do you want to go watch TV?

Addy: Okay

6 comments:

amy welch said...

Totally Love it!!!!

Beka said...

I can't tell you how many potentially great teaching moments have turned into TV watching at my house:)

Mitchell Maddness said...

That's hilarious!!! How are you guys doing?? We send warm greetings from Arizona!

Rebecca said...

...and thats why I don't home school!

Stacey said...

That is simply hilarious. I laughed out loud when I read it. Is that not the complete truth? I miss you.

kelly said...

you and your family totally crack me up! i am still chuckling to myself over this... lucy would totally understand that conversation.