Saturday, April 12, 2008

Eleanor Sophia

Yes, we like to give our children big names. Someday she might want to be an Eleanor or a Sophia but for now she's our little Ella. 


She came into our family at probably the most chaotic time in our lives. We were physically moving out of our home on her due date, November 4, 2005.  I can remember being so uncomfortable and feeling a state of panic, as our new home wasn't finished and we would be living out of suitcases for 4 more months. I was lifting boxes and moving furniture into the storage unit, wondering when this little girl would come and join the ever growing chaos. She came 4 days later.
At a time in our lives when everything seemed to be out of our control, this little girl came and reminded us to slow down. To slow down and enjoy the new, to enjoy the moments and to enjoy the simple. So here we are, 29 months later, still in awe of this little girl who came at the perfect time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're right, I do especially love this Blogg - But, I love them all. I see you in them, behind the lens and in the words. I see you loving and capturing precious moments. I see me, years ago, and I see life simple and sweet through my grandchildren's eyes and in my grandmotherly heart I feel loved.
Sometimes I want to share this Blogg with everyone and say, "See this - this is mine".

Today is a good day and you make it even better. Thank you for being a mommy, wife, sister, friend.... but most of all my daughter.

Love,

Mom, Muppet and Harley.

Beka said...

Oh Bev! Hi Bev! I love you Bev!

And now to you , Amanda. That is so sweet. I love your photos and your words. You are so talented--your kids are lucky!

kelly said...

i can't believe how big ella is getting- and so pretty. i love that first picture of her.

SarahCeleste said...

Oh these photos are so sweet! I love them so much. I am so glad you are sharing this.