Thursday, April 24, 2008

How many people does it take to move a couch?!?

John and I decided to sell our HUGE sectional. The couch was located in our upstairs bonus room. I cleaned the couch and listed it on craigslist. That same day someone came to buy it. Easy enough. WRONG!! We spent 45 minutes with that poor craigslist buyer trying to move the couch. We couldn't get it down no matter what we tried and the walls got BEAT in the process, which was very, very sad to watch.


We finally bid craigslist buyer goodbye and told him we would call him when we got the couch downstairs.

Later that night we called over our good friend Chris to help, as well as a couple of other guys who were here helping John with another pressing matter (that I cannot talk about because it involves a fence and a lawyer) We (and I mean they) spent another 30 minutes trying to move that dumb couch and we even removed the hand rail in the stair well. No such luck. Yet again we bid our "movers" goodbuy and with a gleam in his eye John thought of a fool proof plan. The SAWZALL .

And you know what, taking the couch apart and then putting it back together was WAY EASIER than all our unsuccessful moving attempts.
So now I have a HUGE couch taking up half of my living room and according to John it's studier now than it was before!

Oh and that craigslist buyer...he decided the couch was too big for his bonus room. Go figure.

12 comments:

The Nits said...

When we get to heaven and can look back on our past life on earth I am going to see if I can watch the day you guys moved that couch upstairs in the first place. Samantha

Rebecca said...

Ahh!! Hopefully it sells again! What a crazy pain in the ....

amy welch said...

Glad to see the couch finally made it downstairs! :)

April said...

Seriously...John and Carl...BFFs. Carl would have recommended the saw much earlier. I am still working on dates for out there. I will call you this week. I love your piano too! You would look really good laying on top of it in sequins. I know what you're thinking...been there, done that.

Amanda said...

April,
John wanted to saw it after the first unsuccessful attempt, but I wouldn't let him.

Sequins...hmmm.

Tia said...

I'm with Samantha on this one..how the heck did you ever get it up there? Hopefully it sells soon so it doesn't have to sit downstairs forever:)

Groverfam said...

that's awful-- how did you get it up there to begin with-- hey and I want to hear about he other pressing matter.

Beka said...

Oh wow. I would not have walked away from that one without an ulcer. I hate it when guys start moving stuff. At least now it's in a much more convenient location!

Rebecca said...

oh my goodness gracious!
holy cow!
what a bummer!

did you buy something to replace it??!

oh! and i can't wait until we get to hear about the fence and the lawyer! ;)

Amanda said...

The fence and the lawyer story will be coming as soon as I can legally talk about it (just kidding) it's actually a pretty lame story. I'll post about it as soon as it's in the past (which SHOULD be in a few weeks).

Onica said...

Dang it, I need a new couch. I wonder if it would have fit...... ROFL!!!!

Bethany said...

I knew the couch was big but WOW! I'll bet it is a sturdier version of itself now and the new owner whomever that will be will certainly appreciate that fact :) Hey I have a bunch of stuff to purge maybe you could introduce me to the wonders of craigs list soon.