After much, much, much thought and you know a ton of prayers, we decided to put our house on the market. It went on MLS on May 2 and we received an offer on May 17. Can you say FAST!! In a buyers, not sellers market, our home sold in 2 weeks. I didn't think it was going to happen, let alone this fast. In a good market a house with our asking price range typically sits for months. I guess it was really supposed to happen. What does this mean....
We're packing up the rain gear and trading it in for sunblock. Now we get to decide where we want to move.
North Carolina

Boise, Id

Our house closes on July 1, so we need to make a decision fast!
So pretty much that is what is going on in our lives. Talk about major change. It's going to be very hard, but we know it is what we need to do.
12 comments:
NOOOOOOOoooooooo!
Although I shouldn't try to make things harder because I know it will be a hard but exciting change!
My vote is for Boise!
Reason #1... we visit there every year and will still be able to visit you guys!
Reason #2... it's still close enough that you can drive home for a visit.
Reason #3... there are TONS of places for riding!!!!
Don't know much about N.Carolina, I'm sure it's nice too... but not as nice as Boise I'm sure! ;)
How could you?! You just put in your beautiful new backsplash!
Can't wait to here more about your plans! Good luck! I know it will be an emotional adventure!
Crazy! We'll miss you guys! I vote Boise too...stay in the west!
Oh, I am so sad! But how lucky for you to have options!
I know you guys have been thinking about this for a while...and it's the right choice for your family. So I guess it's bitter sweet. But you will be missed a ton!!!!
Wow! I wasn't aware you were still considering a move. You already know I love NC but it sounds like you have a lot of people who would love for you to stay close by. Congratulations on the fast sale - it is a miracle in this market but you have a beautiful home. I hope the destination decision is not too difficult.
Congratulations on getting your house sold so stinking fast! This must be an emotional roller coaster for you. I know...ditch your plans and move to St. George and I'll make sure the ride never ends...
ps-what does this mean for our girls getaway? Do we need to postpone?
I can't believe it! You guys are going to be so missed, but I guess if your house sold in this market in 2 weeks!...it must be meant to be:) What a tough decision you have to make! Both places would be fun, you know I love the east coast, but Boise is definatley within driving distance to family, which is what I wish we had. Keep us posted on the exciting changes!
what!?! i'm so sad that you're actually going to move. congrats on the sale and all, but... i'll really miss you guys. darn those answered prayers sometimes! being far from my family myself, i really wish i could be wihtin driving range of someone... but north carolina is really beautiful, and would be such a fun adventure... but then again if you moved to boise we could always stay with you if we go on a roadtrip anywhere that direction... but then with the way gas prices are would we really do that anyway? quandary.
Holy Cow, I thought the move thing was off the table a long time ago. Send Hannah and Jake over to see the kids one last time. You know my vote is for North Carolina, I have a love affair with the South!
WOW! I'm shocked! Good luck on deciding between the two. If you head towards NC, let me know! We could always "swing by!"
Sheesh! I'm off the internet for two days and miss the HUGE news! My mom told me, I hate when she does that. Anyway, NC is going to be a wonderful adventure I'm sure. And huge congratulations on the selling. That is nuts, but who wouldn't want your perfect house? You will be missed!
what!!! Yikes its been way too long I didn't even know you were thinking of it. What is pulling you away from here to another place... I would vote boise too. for the same reason as becca- i hope we can all get together before you go.
Post a Comment