Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Very Important Question...

okay, not really. But I do want/need your opinion. We are considering buying Jake bunk beds for the new house. We know we want the bottom bunk to be a full sized bed, but are debating between having another full on top or going with a twin. Space is not an issue. Our reasoning behind the bunk is so that Hannah will have a place to sleep when guests are visiting (her room is doubling as the guest room).
So what would you get? Full on Full or Twin on Full or nothing, the kid can sleep on the floor.






6 comments:

amy welch said...

Personally I would say twin on full if you don't need it on an everyday basis. But I'm always out to save a buck.

P.S. I feel so out of things, I never even knew they made full on top of full bunk beds.

Amanda said...

Amy,
Linda has the full on full, that's the only reason why I know about them.

Mitchell Maddness said...

I would do twin on full so the kid sleeping on the bottom doesn't feel as claustrophobic. That's the one thing I don't like about bunk beds......so.....if you have a choice...that's what I would do!

sharpsnaps said...

You know Amanda, one more thing to consider is the ladder is not so much in the way with the full over full. My kids have loved it, because they can sleep together, on the top or the bottom. If you don't put a box spring on the bottom, it is even roomier. There are settings to put the lower bunk down as low as possible. Just some more thoughts. I like to have the same, because if you decide you don't want bunk beds you have the same for each bed. But that is me. Good luck. Reguardless it is costly, but the quality is worth every dime.

Tiana Johnson said...

Being an advocate of having as much sleeping room as possible in case you have a sleep over party or anything, I'd go full on full. If space isn't an issue, why not give them more room. I'd never thought about it before, but I like the idea. Maybe I'll do that in my girls' room when the house is finished.

Karina Rigtrup said...

I'm a sucker for symmetry. I'd go with the full on full!