Friday, August 1, 2008

We're here!

We're here in sunny NC!!!
The plane ride was LONG and uneventful, however it may be a while before we attempt that again with the little girls.

We had movers come and unload the trucks for us and they kept calling me ma'am.  They also were making fun of the way I talk, saying I sound like the people in the movie Fargo.  Ya.  

We have spent a great deal of time putting together IKEA furniture, which leads me to this...why does the little cartoon guy in the IKEA instructions look so pleasant?  I think to be fair he should be frowning or angry or at least have 2 kids jumping on his back and walking away with much needed screws and pieces...

The older kids have been great, they LOVE the beach and we will be purchasing boogie boards and beach accessories as soon as I can get some semblance of order in the house.  The little girls, on the other hand, are enjoying the free reign that comes with two very busy parents.  They have become quite good at pillaging boxes and have somehow managed to find most of their precious toys.  So now we have boxes and packaging material thrown everywhere as well as ponies, and dolls and all matter of princess things.  Life is good.

Some "fun" things we have noticed so far:

All insects are HUGE!  The kids are loving the bugs, and I am loving the crunch they make as I kill them.

Ella has the worst reactions to mosquito bites.  She currently looks like something out of Star Trek.

The local dump is cheap.  Tires on the rims are only 25 cents to dump.  Not that we have any, but we were amazed and immediately thought of Mike :)  

You can buy watermelon on the side of the road.  We bought one and it was great! 


6 comments:

The Nits said...

So glad you are there! It will take a while to figure out the phone thing, it seems like I always want to call around 11PM. Samantha

Jennifer said...

It's so fun to hear about the differences. It's like it's a different country or something. Keep the stories coming!

amy welch said...

Glad you made it ok. Enjoy the beach for me!

Julie M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

whoops! that deleted comment is from me. i was signed in as my sister-in-law!

what fun adventures the kids must be having and you guys too! i'll look foward to hearing all about it! good luck!

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a blast! minus the unpacking, I hate it! Keep enjoying the simple pleasures like fresh watermelon!