Cotton fields just outside our neighborhood.
We stumbled onto this river. The water was black and the kids were looking for alligators and snakes. (un)fortunately we didn't see either.
We loved looking at all the old houses and barns. I'm always curious to know the story behind places like these.
We stopped at a roadside cemetery. These little cemeteries are everywhere around here. Some are very well taken care of while others, like this one, look to be forgotten.
A Dung Beetle. Seriously cool and disgusting. John saw it first and Hannah identified it (Animal Planet is entertaining and educational). It was pushing this piece of "dung" up a hill. Pretty amazing, huh?!
Yep, this is a real live grocery store. I LOVE the name. Someday we will get our family pictures taken in front of this place.
On out tour of the countryside, we found a antique shop with all kinds of fun things, including this pink flamingo. The girls wanted to take it home and put it in their bedroom. Can you blame them?
8 comments:
They once had a Piggly Wiggly in Auburn. It was right behind my Dad's apt. I always thought it had the coolest name. Looks like you guys had a fun time exploring. (and testing out that new set of wheels)
That is so fun!
Those shots look like something out of an old movie. Or a scary one!
Wow! Such a different world over there! That's why I love the US so much. It's so vast that the scenery is constantly changing and you could spend the rest of your life exploring it and never get bored. That's why Hy and I want to retire in a motorhome and just travel the US stopping where and when we want.
By the way, I did the tag you tagged me with, but I'm not posting it until I get my vacation pictures from Daisha and update all that first, since it's older.
Wow what a fun day. Looks like a really fun place to be. You make living life so fun and full of adventure. Thanks for sharing.
those pictures on the dock are beautiful! what cool places you've found! kinda sad to see old cemetary.
BTW... HAPPY 35TH BIRTHDAY JOHN! We're right behind ya!
Terrific Pictures. I miss your little kids! Samantha
We went on a church history tour last year and I LOVED the old houses and cemetaries too. I love old stuff. You guys choose the most beautiful places to live!
Those pictures of the old graveyards reminds me of a Mark Twain short story: The Curious Dream, you can find an electronic copy of it at
http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/1532/
Post a Comment