John can now cross this off his Bucket List. He has been talking about milling wood from his own property for years. I never thought his dream would be realized, especially since we live on a 1/2 acre lot in a suburban neighborhood.
We had 3 trees cut down in our backyard. One was dead, one was on it's way out and one was in the way. Instead of having the trees hauled away John hired this guy to come over with his portable saw mill.
It was really cool to watch and I was amazed at how fast it was. I actually wanted to hop down there and help, but I am the family historian and John wanted to make sure that I was taking pictures. A lot of pictures. I probably have about 50. Be grateful I didn't share them all.
Now we have a pallet of hickory 2x4's and 1x8's that he will use to build a shed. And in case you were wondering, John is awesome and our new and improved backyard will be awesome too, thanks to him.
5 comments:
That is so cool! I never even realized you could do that. Have fun on the next project, John.
Ditto, way cool. Leave it to John. Very talented.
How cool is that!? What a handy guy.
That's freaking amazing!
James will be duly impressed when I show him this later.
Post a Comment