Monday, February 16, 2009

Million Dollar Smiles

This week is a big oral health week in our household.



On Tuesday Addy will be going under General Anesthesia for x-rays, cavities, and sealants.
Our little Addy is a very sensitive one and is scared to death of the dentist. We tried going to a "regular" dentist, but even after a lot of coaxing and a little nitrous, the minute she heard the drill she freaked out.
On to the Pediatric Dentist and sedation. We gave her the happy juice (demerol and something else) and she got in the chair just fine. The dentist took it very slow, but Addy just freaked out again. Our dentist was surprised, she had given Addy the highest recommended dose of happy juice and also gave her nitrous, to no avail.
So tomorrow is the big day. We will head out to the hospital and fork over lots of money. Hopefully this will be the last time we will have to go this route.

On Wednesday Hannah will be getting braces. I already paid the money up front because of the nice cash discount. But Holy cow, if all of our children need braces we're looking at $20,000. Yikes! I think I am going to keep these bills and wrap them up in a pretty package and give them to my girls for wedding presents. Just kidding. Maybe.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Ouch! I like your crack about the wedding present. You always have a way to make people laugh and see humor in a situation. I hope Addy will be able to not be so frightened as she grows older. Sorry.

Rebecca said...

Wow! I hope she gets over this fear for the next time. And Yikes! I am so scared for the orthodontics bills that I see in my future.

Christy said...

You could just let your family "Go British" and have terrible teeth their whole lives. Wait, then they may never need wedding presents!

Cute blog--thanks for letting me know! I can't believe how grown-up all your kids are. How's life on the East Coast?